Chuck and Jet happy hollidays

Chuck and Jet happy hollidays

Saturday, March 16, 2013

Dangerous?

        I was reading today and found out that in the U. S. that on a scale of people animals kill horses are 3rd on the list. Did you know in the U.S. alone 20 people each year are killed by our equine friends, 31 by dogs, but the most is 53 by bees/wasps. I was amazed that that many people are killed. It makes you wonder; How did they die? Some of the first things I think of is bucked off and landing on your head, trampled, and kicked. I have been thrown and kicked, and bit, but never seriously injured. Whats the worst thing that has happened to you and a horse and what are some things you use to keep yourself safe? I personally use a helmet and safe riding clothes. A closed toe shoe with a 1 inch heal is the best type of boot to wear. If you are participating in jumping events then you should also wear a chest protector to prevent you from hard landings if you or your horse fall. Let me know what you wear to keep yourself safe below!

1 comment:

  1. Nothing to terrible yet...... knock on wood. lol

    ReplyDelete