Chuck and Jet happy hollidays

Chuck and Jet happy hollidays

Thursday, January 30, 2014

Wow Old Pictures

Hey guys, so I have mentioned on here a few times that horses have been a huge part of my family history, my parents rode horses growing up, and so I do now, but my grandparents were the people who really rode horses, they have so many stories, two of them that I can think of off the top of my head are when my grandma had to go get the cows during a storm, the creak was flooded, the was riding bareback, the horse actually had to swim across the flooded creak, she made it across okay, but on the way back she came off, she eventually got back on the bank a little ways downstream, and her  horse made it across and was standing with the cattle waiting for her. Now my grandpa, he actually had to ride his horses to school, he said it was always funny, because all the horses would be stabled in the barn at school all day, and they were always ready to get home, he said that the horses loved to round the corner of the driveway at a full gallop, and there were quite a few people who didn't really get the info untill it was to late, and then the were stuck walking the rest of the way home! Even my grandpa came off a few times :) So heres some pictures of my grandpa, (sorry grandma didn't have any of her and her horses although I think she has some of her and her moo moos cause she lived on a dairy farm) It is really cool, horses were such a huge part of life, and I wish I had the chance to go back and see how the horses were used for everything.....
Rosemary (aka Aunt Rosie) and my Grandpa and their friend Dean, this is actually their school...



Dean, Elizibeth, and Lana riding, these are my grandpas friends and relatives...

Dean and Elizebeth on the way to school..

donk know why its sideways but this is my grandpa and his brother Edgar, they cut Stars mane, and put it in their hats like the Indians did... What a cool tradition!

This is my grandpa and their horse Star, I'll have to ask my grandpa more about star, but seems Star was a big part of their life...

SPITFIRE! How I love that name, this horse is big! I plan on getting a horse of the same build someday, and maybe I will even name him Spitfire in Honor of my grandpas horse :)

Like I said Spitfire is huge, my grandpa is quite tall, so just seeing this, it shows how big and build he was if he makes my grandpa look small :)



I believe this is my grandpas dad with their horses, I forgot to ask about this picture, but just seeing some of these just shows the history of horses, horses have been in my family for 60+ years, and im sure they will with my family for the many generations to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment