Chuck and Jet happy hollidays

Chuck and Jet happy hollidays

Monday, March 31, 2014

Sunday Riding

    Hey guys, so yesterday was super fun, we went to my grandmas house and messed with the horses, and I had to drive my dads jeep over there, I only killed it twice lol I say for only having drivin it 3 times I was pretty happy stupid clutch is so touchy! So we went down to the farm and went out and caught the horses. I decided I would work with Pearl, she hasn't been worked with at all since labor day, and even then we just rode her for a little bit, she hasn't had an ground work done at all, so I decided to work with her on lunging, she goes okay until you ask for a direction change, then she gets disrespectful and rears, charges and invades your space. and even in this case its the persons fault, nobody ever taught her any different than that before we got her, she learned from her old owners when they lunge her, she can make them stop by giving release... we haven't done any ground work with her, and by the time I was done working with her she was going around nice and calm :) So I will make a shortend version of the 45 min video of working with her for you guys, and do a voice over to explain what I was doing to solve the problem.

    After that I got Chuck out to work with him, he did super good, after a little while my step sister came down, and she has never actually ridden a horse by herself, and I let her ride Chuck, her very first non leading around ride, she rode bareback and was even able to get Chuck to stop without using her hands at all!!! See guys tons of beginners rely on reins, bits and force, I will continue working with her, I havn't started teaching her leg cues yet, but that will come next! I will post the video of her riding Chuck tonight, so...
If a first time rider, riding bareback can stop a horse without the reins whats stopping you??? 
Also I have some exciting news, but that will have to wait until I have more time to write tonight, remember THINK LIKE A HORSE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment