Chuck and Jet happy hollidays

Chuck and Jet happy hollidays

Thursday, July 3, 2014

Todays riding...

Hey guys, so a small update today we rode today, and we finally got my saddle done so I rode in that, Roni rode english, I worked with Chuck, but he hasn't been worked with much and we didn't do much for ground work, so he was a little hyped up, but once I let him get the energy out he calmed down nice and good, today was Chucks first time working with the flag he did very good with it, he didn't really think much of it, I even drapped it over his head so he couldn't see and rode him that way for a bit and he did good with that too.... not much for videos today one of me riding chuck with the flag, and the only ground work I did with the flag....
after a bit I was done with the flag and Chuck got excited again so I let him get it out and we were cantering,  he was going fine and quieting down, and then he tripped and his head went right into the ground and his legs came up under him and his leg got caught in the breast collar and as you can see from the video it was adjusted properly, but anyways my saddle got broken from him getting his leg un-stuck but its an easy fix all we need to do is replace the D ring that got ripped out, he was fine and no worse for wear so we continued and he finally got calmed down again and we went both ways good so I let him be done, I rode him out into the pasture and got off, undid his girth so he could really get nice deep breaths and cool off, so I walked him till his breathing was normal and rinsed him off like I do after every ride... and I let him go....
I am super proud of Roni and Jack because they just started jumping tonight and they did amazing! Jack doesn't like to lift his legs at all, and it was ronis first time jumping and she did pretty good especially cause Jack has never jumped before and drags his legs and trips a lot overall it was an amazing night!

No comments:

Post a Comment