Chuck and Jet happy hollidays

Chuck and Jet happy hollidays

Sunday, March 27, 2016

Horse judging

Hey guys horse judging went well today, I was very disappointed with how the horses and facility was managed, one of the things that really grossed me out was that even though I wasn't close to their big round bales out in their pasture I could see they were black and moldy, good way to get your horses sick.... I think for the most part the horses did okay, there were a few issues, a horse accidently stepped on one of the handlers in a halter class and she handled it very nicely, from the looks of it, it was an accident, the horses in general seemed spooky and nervous some of the handlers were around our age, so maybe that had something to do with it, two of the horses obviously didn't like the bits they were ridden in, one was a tomb thumb (basically one of the worst and most harsh common bits out there that people think are okay, but infact are VERY harsh and bad for the horses mouth) the other was a very thin sharp twisted wire snaffle, if it had had a.thicker mouth piece with more rounded edges but that thing was sharp!! Anyways idk how I did individual, but our team got a silver ranking, I got to hang out with Erica a bit today and again tomorrow at colt, can't wait for it, I also have a little update story on that mare that wouldnt load but that's for a different post, maybe post a video or pics soon, a room tour is also comming up in a week or two....

No comments:

Post a Comment