Chuck and Jet happy hollidays

Chuck and Jet happy hollidays

Saturday, November 30, 2013

Good riding day!

Hey guys! So today was a fun day, we had our 2nd thanksgiving meal, we had one at my grandmas, and then one at our house, then after we ate, me and roni went out to ride, it was an AMAZING day to ride, and if you didn't make it outside to ride today you are INSANE!!! It was like 50 but it felt a lot warmer, I had a long sleeve shirt on and I was nice and sweaty when we were done, so was Chuck roni was wearing a t-shirt and she was fine, and she just worked with Jack on reining and foot positioning and backing. Chuck and I worked on transitions today, we worked on walk-halt, walk-trot, trot-halt, halt-trot, halt-canter, trot-canter canter-trot, canter-halt, and walk-canter. He did AMAZING!!! He still needs to work on the halt-canter, but everything else is show-worthy transitions, I loved it so much!!! There were a few times as soon as I asked for the canter he only took the one step needed to get into the correct lead, and he is getting so much better about picking up the right lead, he only picked up the wrong lead once and I was so happy for him!!! Chuck had worked up a good sweat, so we went on a trail ride, we were walking along, and a car came by, Jack wasn't looking, so he spooked at it, and Roni im SOOOO proud of you cause you handled it so well. She let him do his thing for a few seconds, and then went on like nothing happend! Yay! So lesson here is don't make a big deal out of something like that, just be calm, and your horse will realize there was no danger, nothing to spook about, another car drove by, and he didn't even really pay attention, his ears flicked forward, then started rotating around listining to roni and other things again. So proud of how the horses did today, I have 3 videos for you guys tomorrow when I can upload them from my phone, one is how to get burrs out of your horses mane, the other is how to post on the correct diagonal from horseback POV, and the other is cantering Chuck around horseback POV this was just our warm up, so we I wasn't focoused on transitions, so he had a little free time to kinda just relax and just stretch out and get loosend up before we got down to work. So overall it was an AWESOME day! So I have an idea in my mind, but im not sure if it will happen yet, so I won't say it, but if it does happen it will be over x-mas break and it will be so fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment