Chuck and Jet happy hollidays

Chuck and Jet happy hollidays

Sunday, February 9, 2014

Jet fell....

So Jet had a little mishap, im pretty sure he has a deathwish, because he fell down 10 foot riverbank yesterday. Were not sure exactly what happend, but yesterday, a snowmobiler came up to my grandmas house and said we had a horse on the river, I had just got out of the shower so my hair was soaked, so I grabbed my pink hunting hat, and Roni and I both ran out to the 4-wheeler and followed the guy down, images were going through my head, my grandparents horses had jumped off the cliff when they were ready to go, and they both came out with broken legs, I was so worried about Jet, We followed the man down the trail and onto the river, I was so relieved when I saw Jet standing. The man was standing with him and petting his neck, when we caught up to him. I walked up and said how are you boy, and I think the man thought I was talking to him, because he said good! LOL but then I said Thank you and the man said your welcome and left I threw a halter and clip ons on him, because that was the only thing we had brought, and we checked how he was walking to make sure he wansnt hurt at all, then I walked him all the way back down the river and up to the trail on our land, and once we got on the trail I hopped on the back of the 4-wheeler and led Jet that way because my feet were freezing cold, I didn't even have any socks on because I didn't have time to grab any! Anyways we took him back to the farm, and I gave him a few hand fulls of grain, and then we went out into the pasture to find where he fell, we did, and we are guessing that the horses either spooked or one of the horses kicked Jet, because there was just a trail of them walking along, and then all the grass was matted down, and there were hoof prints all over, anyways heres a video of the spot where he fell, I will try to maybe get some pictures from down on the river today, but we'll see how that goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment