Chuck and Jet happy hollidays

Chuck and Jet happy hollidays

Saturday, February 22, 2014

Old Pictures of my time with horses

My 3rd Birthday I got a saddle for my birthday :)
same as above, except we had to test it out





This is one of my friends older sister at my first birthday party my friend was only about 6 months older than me at the time though, she is riding Candy she was the first horse that tripped and fell on me on more than one occasion ;)

Another picture from my first birthday party, Like I said before, I have been riding before I could even walk by myself, This is Buttons, this is the horse that I first "fell" off of, he was a wind sucker, my grandpa didn't get the girth tight enough, we got a little ways up the driveway, and off my grandpa and I fell, right into the gravel, but we still went riding that day :)
Another Pic from my first birthday, this is how I spend my first few years on horses, riding with my grandparents, and as I got older, they started teaching me how to steer, and how to stop and go with them there, and then I was finaly able to ride by myself, somebody would come with me on the trails, and eventually they let me go out on the trails by myself. I got in a few sticky situations, but that all makes me smarter and wiser with each experience....

This is a picture for you guys, these are Button's and Candy's bridles, in the pictures they are both 31 years, Buttons died the winter I was 6, and Candy died the following winter almost exactly to the day a year after buttons did when I was 7, I had got Lilly for my 7th birthday. Lilly was very depressed, the ground was frozen, so we couldn't burry her body, and we couldn't keep lilly away from it, even when she was starving, she started dropping weight, so we eventually started to take food out to her. She then got lonely, and started running to a farm with other horses that was about 5-6 miles down the river, and our trailer was in really bad shape, because we just got the floor fixed recently, so my grandpa would ride her back down the river. That summer someone dropped a horse off, we have no idea, he just showed up in our pasture one day, and there he was. He got named Outlaw, although he wasn't mean at all, he was a sweaty, he reminded me of Buttons. My grandparents sold Lilly and Outlaw a few years ago, they were sopose to come to my house in 2 weeks, but my grandpa sold them right out from under me, I still get tears in my eyes to this day, because the man who had bought him, had them sold, only one day after he bought them. I still to this day don't know what happend to them, but there are stories of people finding horses after many years, and I really hope that one of those amazing stories may be me someday....

No comments:

Post a Comment