Chuck and Jet happy hollidays

Chuck and Jet happy hollidays

Saturday, March 15, 2014

Thursday Night Riding Fun

Hey guys, so sorry for not posting, but things have been busy! So Thursday night was an awesome night, and It really made me proud :) (almost to the point of happy tears) So we decided we wanted to ride the horses up, so we went out in search of them, and I being my klutzy self fell into a fence and now my arm has a nice bruise and scratch. So then after slowly making our way across the field through many many water holes/mud holes, we finally got to the horses. I walked up to Chuck thinking okay, I guess I really didn't need to bring out the brush for you, but then got a look at his other side lol glad I brought a curry with me :)
After we brushed them off, I gave Roni a leg up and then made an attempt to get on Chuck, at first he wouldn't stand by the fence and it was my fault too, because the fence I tried to stand on was falling apart, so I don't blame him because I was nervous, so I tried backing him up a few times and that wasn't working, so I decided to do a little ground work, I had him go around me four times, and then tried again and he stood perfectly :) So we started riding up and if you were following Roni's or my blogs you would have known Jack had a buddy sour/bolting problem which left me and roni in the dirt/mud multiple times last winter, and some of those were even with a saddle. Well all the other horses freaked out at something or got excited and decided they needed to come up from behind and blow by us at a gallop, to say the least Jack got a little excited and tried to go for a gallop too.  At first Roni froze up for a second, suprised, then she tried to stop him normally, that wasn't working so I yelled one rein stop to her, and she did it, and got him back under control. He spun in circles for a little bit and she got him calmed down. We continued on our way and the horses decided they should run again, and again she got him under control. I would also like to mention that she was riding him in a halter AND bareback!  :) I will say RONI IM SO SO SO PROUD OF YOU!!! 
I can't wait to see where you will go with Jack :) he has improved so much.  After that we brought them up to the yard to ride, Roni just worked with Jack on ground work, I tacked Chuck up english, and let my little sister ride around for a little bit and then hopped on myself and rode for a bit, it was dark by the time we went back up to my grandmas but it was an amazing night! SO PROUD OF YOU RONI!!
Heres 2 videos from thursday night, the first is our search for the horses, the second is when we caught them, goomed, mounted and rode back :)


No comments:

Post a Comment