Chuck and Jet happy hollidays

Chuck and Jet happy hollidays

Sunday, March 9, 2014

Today riding...

Hey everybody, so today was a AMAZING DAY! We woke up and Nick came downstairs, and we messed around with paracord for a little bit, and I FINALLY got my "bucking" strap made for my english saddle, you can buy them on Chicks (Here) and so spending $14 plus the $7 shipping, not exactly the thing I really wanted to do, so I got my clip and made it, and in the pic the ends arn't cut yet, so thats why they are there. also they are in my 2 favorite colors :)
After that Nick took us to the farm, because nobody was around there today, and we got Chuck and Jack out and rode around. I rode Chuck in the curb again, and I will be doing a video on all the bits we have here in the next few weeks, and telling you about them, when to use them, and how they work. Chucks is actually a copper coated curb bit, so he likes the taste of it more, I am saving up some money to buy his new bit for him too.  Also Im super excited, and even though I can't really use it much for another 9 months my helmet/hat finally shipped and it will be here tomorrow night! I will show you guys what it looks like when I get it :) But anyways... Chuck is getting his leg ques down really good now, he had to be reminded a bit at first, because we did no ground work at all today, and they havn't been ridden or worked in awhile, just groomed and feed lol so he had some pent up energy, which wasn't bad, he didn't get punished, we just worked through it, and by the end of our ride time, I hadn't toutched the reins in almost 15 mins, so Im supper happy with that. Then we groomed them and put them away, and locked everybody up in the yard by the barn, and went into town and bought 6 tubes of wormer because it was worming time again, so we went down and wormed them, and it all went very good except for Pearl, shes very head shy, she kept shaking her head, but we just started massageing her face and her mouth and then she took it all just fine, then we fed the horses and opened the gate  and had a snowball fight on the way back up, and then went home, the temp was AMAZING today, but everythings melting, so I got bored on the way home and stuck my hand out the window, and it turned out kinda funny....







No comments:

Post a Comment