Chuck and Jet happy hollidays

Chuck and Jet happy hollidays

Wednesday, May 28, 2014

More horse videos....





Hey guys, so it was a busy week/weekend for me these past few days, so last time I updated was Tuesday and that really wasn't much of an update, so.... Friday was a good night, I came home and me and my family all went out to Tj's baseball game, and they beat them 14-2 in the 6th inning, which for the 5 and 6 graders there is a 10 run rule, so if your more than 10 ahead at the end of an inning, then the game is ended. So it was good, then Saturday was another good fun day, we got up and went to our riding lesson, we came home and then we got to work on horse tack, so you guys know about my "new" saddle, my western one that I got for Christmas? Anyways it hadn't been sealed properly, so we decided we would strip it, re-dye it and seal it back up properly, and we spent some of our afternoon re-dying it, it was really scarry at first because I thought it wouldn't turn out very good, but it turned out AMAZING!!!! I can't believe how well it went, all we have to do now is seal it back up and its good to go!


Before Pictue

Before picture
After Picture
Also Friday I did Chucks hooves with polish, and I made one of my hoof polish bottles sparkly polish, so now he has sparkles! LOL
After Picture


After Picture

Anyways after that I went out with Nick and we worked with the horses, I am training/teaching Nick how to train/work with our horses, he (and he will willingly admit to this) is not the best rider or horseman, and he did/does a lot of stuff wrong, so he is asking and taking suggestions from Roni and it has already paid off big, and he doesn't even have much time to really work with them! So I let Nick work with Jet and take a look at how he was doing with his leg, and he is on a joint suplament to help him work out the kinks with finally getting back into shape, he is doing very good so far, and hasn't shown any signs of pain, he is just really stiff in that joint, so thats a good sign, he just needs time to get it back up to strength again after a whole year of nothing. Jet had been taught to lunge before his accident happend, and I got him out a few times this winter and gave him a little "tune up" so he was relativly good when it came to most of it, Nick was trying to skip lunging for respect stage 1, I tried to explain to him how it worked and he was kinda confused on it, so he had me come in there and show him, so I tied Chuck up and went into the round pen to show him. He got the hang of it, but I kinda just took over lol, its hard to just do one thing with a horse and stop, nick had done well with Jet so I finished off with some backing, flexing and desensitizing and let him loose... I got back to Chuck and started a bit of work with him, then I decided to ride, roni got Jack out and started doing ground work with him, I had worked with Chuck for a bit and he was getting damp, so I decided to take a short break, Nick yelled at roni and said you going to ride that thing or walk it like a dog? and she said walk it like a dog, so Nick decided we would go on a trip, we went for a little over 2 mile ride down the road, and it was nice, our farrier lives just down the road and has two horses, and Chuck got all excited about it when he saw them lol, and I swear Chuck couldn't walk a straight line down a gravel road to save his life! When we got back we worked them nice and good, Chuck was soaked, and Jack not so much, but Jack isn't a go fast all the time kind of horse like Chuck is, Chuck has plenty of energy that can be put to use and as long as he likes to keeps going, thats how long we go. It was a very good workout for him, and this teaches them, just because you got home doesn't mean your done, and helps with kicking the barn sour habbits, also it makes them enjoy riding out away from home, because its more relaxing than having to move at something faster than a walk...
Riding out on the road, the house on the left with the red roof is our farriers house, his name is Todd

Video from Saturday
PS the dates one the videos are wrong they are accidently one day ahead!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcBSiKguOKU
Sorry about that but blogger is being funny and won't let me show it to ya guys!

Sunday was another fun day, we rode again later that afternoon and all went very well, lots of no hands trotting cantering and stopping, and its all in the makings, I see people who are like all fancy because they have an arena to help them, ya they are nice, but not nesicarry and in ways can actually down your horsemanship, in an arena if your horse bolts it has to stop and turn eventually, if your out in the wide open you have to have the conficence that your horse will most likely not spook and if it does you can handle it, like with the bolting, it force your horse to turn so riding off leg cues without comming off the wall isn't really saying much, you really have to have your wits about you outside the arena, I am not saying they are bad, and in some ways can be benificial, I really want to go to brushy once I work with Jet a bit more and get on his back, because the arena there would help a ton with his training through one of the exercises in the Fundamentals kit, (I wish i had it :/ ) but they can also make you a worse rider, because you become dependant on it to help you
Videos from Sunday
Okay they will just be at the top, I need to figure out how to work this new laptop lol!!!
also the top one is the horses giving eachother scratches before school, (actually lucky and jet lol)


No comments:

Post a Comment