Chuck and Jet happy hollidays

Chuck and Jet happy hollidays

Tuesday, May 6, 2014

This weekend and Monday!!


 I spent the rest of the night making actual bundles of wood (Thanks Alex for help holding the string!) and hung out with my grandma, and said high to the horsies and went out and pet them, Im SO HAPPY cause they have finally shed out, and its not just a grooming thing (because chuck still rolls and gets horriably messy) but I will say Chuck is just the right color when he has his summer coat to the point where he is so shiny that you can see a glare off of his coat! I also started working with Jet on his ground work, he did very good, except for yielding the HQ (hind quarters) he shoved me over more than a few times, and continued on with his kicking problems, we are still working on it, but he's getting better, and by the end of us working I could tap the air and yield the HQ's, and I only even got a few scraped nuckles from being pushed over lol
Sunday I woke up to my mom texting me saying Nick was going to come and ride with me today, we came down, I rode Chuck again and Nick rode Jack. We got all tacked up and we rode across the bridge and down through the park, they were nervous about the bridge at first but when we came back after walking through the park and getting a few funny stares (we used to take buttons and candy over there all the time, but they died almost 10 years ago) and some dogs barking and talking to the dog owners (also horse owners apparently). Then we rode down by the crp, then went back to the creek (it was dried up this winter) and rode back there, no ridge riding because it has rained recently and the ground isn't frozen anymore. After that we rode back and I worked with Chuck I am working with Chuck on not being barn sour, so to fix this, you work them hard at the barn, and let them relax out on the trail, next time we go out, I am working on both that and being buddy sour (hes more barn than buddy, but he still likes to be closer to other horses) 
Yesterday (monday) after school my dad came and picked all of us kids up and took us down to the farm, my little step sister sat on Chuck as I led him down from the pasture, we brought Jack up too, Roni groomed Jack and I groomed Chuck, I did a few minutes of ground work to see how he was feeling, he was a little excited, but nothing I couldn't handle :) I worked with Chuck and got him using the thinking side of his brain, he was behaving nice and good, so I had Roni help me get Kallie (little step sister) up on Chuck, I grabbed her arm for her to balance, and Roni gave her a leg up. I rode around with Kallie for a bit, and even did some troting with her,  Chuck was still a little hyper so I didn't let her ride by herself, after a bit I let her off, and really started  Chucks workout, we did lots of troting, working on left handed circles, left is Chucks bad side, so he doesn't turn that way very good. but thats why we are working on it, he needs to strenghten that side. Then we went to cantering, we worked on collecting the canter, and lengthning it or extending it, if you watch the video thats what we did first, we are still doing that, and for canntering only 2 times seince the beggining of
 the year he did extreamly well. Then after he was doing good with that, we went back to trotting for a few minutes, except I went stirupless, and then back to canter and of course stirrupless. He was doing very good then, so I decided to just up our skill, and we cantered around stirupless, he did AMAZING, but he was getting tired and kept picking up the left lead, he was to the point where we needed to stop, I said one more good canter and we would be done. He did a good canter, but then stopped and turned sideways, I came off the side but grabbedc mane, and landed on my feet, I was pretty proud lol after that I hopped back on and as I talked to my dad, my mom came down to the farm with pizza for us to eat lol so I walked him out and then we loaded up and went home, it was so fun,  and there is one point in the video where I get really excited, because a lot of the time when we cantered I asked for a walk to canter transition and there was one time that he did it flawlessly!!! Anyways heres the video for you all!



No comments:

Post a Comment