Chuck and Jet happy hollidays

Chuck and Jet happy hollidays

Sunday, June 22, 2014

Long update!


 Hey guys, so this will be a long update for you guys because I am not on as often anymore because my summers are busy, but right now its raining thundering and lightning outside so its the perfect time to do a post! So I will go by pictures and videos that way im not making you guys read it all and then look at pictures and have to figure out which goes to which!

So below are some pics from when I had to take care of my friends animals for a few days, I only had to really take care of their chickens, they had 100 but then one died, and then while we took care of them none died, they had said they had been suprised because out of that many that is an unusually low death rate.... so 99 chickens, and I made sure their mini and their cow and dog were all doing okay too, they live near us and Alesha (the friend lol has the same name just spelled differently) has helped me out before so it felt good to help her out :)  Here are some pics from her place :)


Okay so the other day we all went out and about again, and we (as almost always) stopped at Western edge, we also went to fleet farm and tandees and all of this is after I had to go to court to get the ticket dismissed for the tint on windows, all we had to do was go in and show the judge pictures and it would be dismissed, so we did and I felt like a really bad person, but as we were walking out, I heard some interesting things, and then I didn't feel so bad about what happened to me, plus it wasn't something I had control over, not my truck, thats nicks job lol..... Anyways so we went different places, we went to fleet farm and got some fly stuff, I got bit guards for Jet, and we got another tetanus shot, because we had two of them but not the other one, like I said we don't go around vacinating willy nilly, the only thing we give is tetanus because (unfortinatly) our horses are accident prone, and that is about the only thing I am even remotely concerned about in our area Im not sure why people give their hoses a whole load of shots but to each their own.....  anyways I gave all the horses their shots and the only one who really didn't like it was Jet, he has been poked with needles so many times and he has figured out the pattern of how they are done, so the first try he jumpped away and I couldn't give it to him because it would have only been subcutanious (under the skin) which tetanus is not, tetanus needs to be given via an intermuscular injection, so the next try he didn't have such a bad reaction and I was able to get it in quite easily! So here is a video on how to give your horse a shot! And Please don't go try this at home unless you have experience doing it, if you don't have any, next time you ask your vet to come out for shots, ask them to teach you how, if your vet is a good one then they will....


After fleet farm, we went to tandes to look at leather to make slobber straps, we didn't get any cause it was a little to expensive for us to buy the leather.... After that we went to western edge partly because nick had gotten a wallet for fathers day, but it was one almost exactly like he already had, so my mom told him to return it and get one he liked, the same lady was working and she said my mom spent over and hr looking through them and looked at all they had, I spent my time looking around and looking at all the stuff I was to poor to buy lol, but eventually I decided on a nice lime green hay bag, so it wasn't a waisted trip (I almost always get something even if its only $5) while I was looking I saw this bit with huge shanks, so I laid it next to my flip flop just as a size comparison..... 

Earlier this week I got a txt from Chez asking how summer was going, and within 10 minutes we had decided that she would come over the next day, so we went and picked her up after my mom got off work, and we came back, we went inside, she changed her shoes and we went out to see the horses, Roni and I did ground work with Chuck and Jack and I let Chez work with Chuck too! She was doing really good, and we had had a lot of rain recently, and we have a little spot in our pasture that turns into a little pond after it rains, so I lunged Chuck through that and he did good lol what he really loved about it was the grass that stuck out of the water that tasted so yummy lol  , and then we spent well over an hour out there just playing with them, Chez and Lucky got along really well lol then we went inside and played just dance and guitar hero and ate candy and played headbands and had fun, then we all hung out and went to bed, CHez and I were he first ones up, so we went downstairs and made lunch and we spent some time watching downunder horsemanship, and we probably spent 2-3 hours watching it, then we went out and cleaned the barn, I find it funny because every time Chez comes over we are cleaning up poop of some form.... last time it was one of our small pastures lol and she never complanes, she said "well if im going to ride them and be around them, might as well help take care of them" so thanks a ton for the help! We finished that up pretty quick, and we rubbed on the horses a bit and went back inside, we had planned on riding later so we would leave the horses alone for now, and 4:30 started to roll around and Nick told us to be ready at 5, so we went out and got them and brought them up and we were grooming and the clouds started to roll in, we thought it would be a nice quick shower so we stood under the big tree with the horses, and boy were we wrong, it started pouring lol we were all nice and wet by the time we took the horses back out and got everything back inside lol, so we spent the rest of the night the same way as we had before and called to ask if she could stay again so she could finally ride because all the other times it hadn't worked out, so the next day went by slowly but that was okay nick got home and we went out and tacked them up and I got on chuck first to make sure he would behave and he did really well and then chez got to ride him we started out in the open and chuck still had a little go in him, so we took him to the round pen and Chez gained confidence there and for it being her first time riding she did pretty darn good especially for a horse as sensitive as chuck lol almost like sticking a 8 year old in a simi and telling them to drive across the country, but Chez handled it very well and within a few minutes asked to go back out to the yard, so we did, and she did amazing for the very first time, I was so happy when she even had the main points of the DUH method memorized! Amazing had she had more experience working with horses she could have really taught a horse a few things, but for the first ride it was chuck teaching her things, we dicussed what happens when people constandly have a hold on their horses mouths and chuck proved my point very well, he is used to having a gentle rider on his back so when I tightened up the reins  while asking him to go to show what I have seen many others do, he started tossing his head and getting extreamly fussy, I can ride him with contact on the reins just fine, but you have to be able to have a good steady hand before you try that, if you have to hold onto something in order to go at that gait you shouldn't be riding at that gait without being on a lunge line or in an arena where you can just drop your reins and focus on your body not the reins, Chez even tried trotting she didn't pick up posting but thats okay can't expect that right away now can we ;)  we also started our 214 things to do with your horse in 2014 video challenges, which you are more than welcome to try, I havn't got the all uploaded but some of them are and more will be comming, so we had fun with those, and Nick went out and caught lucky and was trying to work with him, and then luck did his famous bolt while on the ground, give you rope burn/drag you/ run away things and nick lost him, Chez and I had been riding around double when it happend so she hopped off, I got Jacks lead rope and went out and tried to help nick, he had caught him by then, but now was going to take Lucky to the round pen, so I walked in their on chuck and Jet liking to be by everybody came in too, so I went and slipped the lead around Jets neck and ponied him out of the round pen and got him a little ways away and let him go, but then I realized he should probably stay out of the pasture with the round pen in it, so after trying to make him move with nothing but my voice from on top of Chuck, Chez gave me a stick lol and I kept poking him in the butt to make him move lol by the time we got jet away I could tell nick was having trouble with lucky, so I dismounted and told Chez she could go and take Chuck back over and ride him in the yard with Alex who was riding Jack.... I went and started to help nick with lucky, Nick hasn't really had much physical experience with the method, he knows it in theoretically  but hasn't done much with that, so I went in and tried, but he had no go in the round pen, Nick was afraid to work him outside the round pen in fear that he would run again, but I wasn't he needed to move his feet and he wans't doing it in there he only got away once Lucky is so disrespectfull that I had to go and even pull some of clintons methods that he used to tame a mustang and a brumby in Austraila, Nick hadn't seen that before and was wondering where I got it from and I told him lol its now in my bag of tricks for horse that think they can drag you all over, and he did once that night, but I held on lol after I got drug was when I pulled out my little bag of ticks lol im sure lucky felt like that was a slap in the face when he realized that I wasn't playing anymore and was down to buisness, andways by the time we were done I was covered in sweat and lucky had started to, so that in itself was an acomplishment by then Roni and Chez had untacked and were putting Jack and Chuck out, and I cooled lucky and groomed him and fly sprayed him and then let him go after that Chez went home.... here are pictures and videos from that day.....


Chez's first time mounting lol


Her first time riding.....


214 things to do with your horse in 2014 #131


214 things to do with your horse in 2014 #115


214 things to do with your horse in 2014 #31


Anyways yesterday I went to my grandmas to see my aunt who is confined to a wheel chair because she has MS so she doesn't travel much anymore, and I spent a few hours there and I went around to look at the flooding around my grandmas with my dad and he "tried to dunk me in the flood water" lol I have a phobia of drowning in flood water so not my cup of tea lol regular water and swimming im A okay but not a flooded river..... here are some pics of the area...


bells mill water is up in the park...
this is my neibors yard, she actually writes books! Its getting close to her house.....

above is driving back along the river a bit, the second one below is back by the CRP the river is about 12-13 feet deep at minimum right now, stay safe from flood water eveyone!!

1 comment:

  1. I would like to address a comment I received on this post, I chose not to publish because it was phrased in a way that people could take poorly. So first thing to say was that my friend had poor posture, I had addressed the issue and we discussed this, the pictures were from her very first 10 mins on a horse and she improved the longer she was up there, there are people who have ridden much longer and still have worse posture than that she came to enjoy riding for the first time how would everyone feel if you went and say tried to drive a race car and your crew chief kept telling you exactly how to do everything? You would probably lose your love for the sport. I can't stress enough to just enjoy horses not nag at everyone, at least she doesn't have a death grip on the reins, I try to teach the well being of the horse is import, I would rather have somebody ride my horse and had bad posture but doesn't yank the crap out of his mouth than somebody who had perfect posture but yanked his mouth to shreds.... So yes tack was an issue but everyone in my family ain't twigs and I sure as heck ain't buying a saddle for anyone else so ya the saddle was quite big on her and.that was part of the reason her legs were forward, so my comment to that is don't go nagging and telling people their bad at something they have been doing for a whole whopping 10 minutes you just ruin the fun for them, she was doing better than most she was even stopping chuck with no reins and that is more than most experienced riders out there.....Second issue was the stirrups, and I don't even have some technical reason for that other than when you constantly have different people getting on a horse you sometimes have to compromise on stirrup length, so sorry if that bothers anyone if you want to Change them every time somebody else rides my horse just let me know, we switched riders 5-6 times so not something I want to screw with lol why not just ride?

    ReplyDelete