Chuck and Jet happy hollidays

Chuck and Jet happy hollidays

Sunday, June 29, 2014

Bad weather!

So we got home, Roni and I were sitting on the couch when the scanner went off, we had been under a tornado watch, but things hadn't seemed bad, and then we got a tornado warning, not just a it may be forming, but a "funnel cloud spotted 9 miles south of Webster City and we live about 10 miles south of there, so Nick being a firefighter/emt/stormchaser went out with the rest of the fire crew, someone went to the station to set off the sirens for our town we all grabbed animals and went to the basement, my dad and both alex and tj were out and about but were too far away to see it, but  my dads friend and Nick both watched the funnel cloud go up and down 3 times but it never toutched, but it was a little over a mile from my dads house and then it went back up, Nick called me and told us to get to the basement NOW because my mom usually stands at the top of the stairs because he said it was right over us, within minutes we could hear the wind shift and completly change direction, and it started howling and pouring.... it slowed down and Nick told us we could go upstairs because it had moved past our house, but it ended up comming down a little over a mile from our house.... i think I was more scared for others than I was for myself, I am glad nobody was hurt today, we went out and drove around, where the funnel cloud went up and down the field of corn was almost completly flattened, we are pretty sure it came down, there is a marking in the grass where it points to the funnel cloud touching or being very close to touching the ground with swirling patterns all over the ditch.... anyways here are some pictures.......


No comments:

Post a Comment