Chuck and Jet happy hollidays

Chuck and Jet happy hollidays

Saturday, August 16, 2014

Lesson Today!

Hey guys so we had our lesson again this week finally after a month and a half off because of work and one day of band camp, so it was fun getting back to the barn and getting to see everyone! It was also really fun getting to tell Anne about my flying lead changes with Chuck and she was really happy for me! I rode Mav and Roni rode Snickers Haily rode Pete and about halfway through out lesson Laura came out on Toffee who is a 4 year old who will start with lessons soon, she is new to the lesson group and isn't used to riding in the ring with other horses yet and the lesson group hasn't really accepted her yet either.... anyways most of our lesson was working at the trot preparing for the barn show that is comming up in September and doing diffrent pattens at the trot like flank turns half circle reverses and other stuff like crossing the diagonals and we did some 777 which while trotting is 7 strides posting 7 sides in 2-point and 7 strides sitting, PS the hardest part is counting beats lol at least for me! Then Roni and I did some cantering with Mav and Snickers and they both did very good! For these past few months I have worked really hard with Mavrick because he needs TONS of outside leg and rein and today it finally clicked! That was untill there were a whole bunch of people and horses standing down at the other side of the arena I couldn't get his flank turn to the right and then finally after 2 tries I got it! I was supper happy with him, then we went on a short trail ride to cool off and I found out that they have a zip line in their timber! I want one too!! After that we went back up to the barn untacked groomed and just talked with everyone for awhile it was nice to catch up with everyone again!

No comments:

Post a Comment