Chuck and Jet happy hollidays

Chuck and Jet happy hollidays

Friday, August 22, 2014

Updates.....

Hey guys I got some updates for you guys, so this week was the first week of school, we went on another road ride about 5 miles this time instead of 4 because we rode about 2 and a half miles up the road towards my friends house..... then back and then worked the horses when we got home, during our ride we switched and I was riding Jack and Roni was riding Chuck, so we just stayed on them when we worked them.... Roni was working with Chuck on Cantering and I did some quick work with Jack because Roni is still not confident enough to ride him at much more than circles and figure 8s at the canter, so I rode him good and hard and he did really good. After that I was trying to coach Roni through how to do a flying with Chuck and she couldn't get it, all the while Chuck had finally quit holding his breath and Roni still relies on the stirrups a lot for balance at the canter (Roni you have some bareback riding coming your way!) and and Chuck had stopped holding air so the saddle started slipping to the side and Chuck stopped and she kept sliding she tried to get her feet out of the stirrups but couldn't (she was riding english so I don't know how she couldnt lol) and she kept sliding and after she was almost completly sideways everything just plopped down incliding her, the saddle was completly upside down I had been holding Jack but fell to the ground laughing at her as she laid there laughing too! I had already untacked Jack so Roni took off the saddle and I tried to give her a leg up but I heasitated before saying 3 and she didn't jump when I pushed her so I kinda just shoved her into Chuck lol and then we got it right the next time.... after that I got back on Jack using a barrel and we rode bareback for a bit, I took Jack through his paces walk trot canter and he did really good, I think he would make a good little WP pony he just puts his head down and plods along :) then we were done for the night and went out and gave them all a rinse and were done for the night, its been too hot this week to really do anything else I will be doing a post tonight/this weekend on how to keep your horses cool in the heat and how to take care of them when it heats up..... we are getting out early because of the heat today.... but its sopose to be even hotter tomorrow so tomorrow will be a tack cleaning day :) Also last night I grilled with the FFA at the fall kick-off and it was fun, normally the girls don't run the grill, usually the guys do it, but Roni and I flipped them and served them up, but by golly it scares the crap out of me when the grease fires start and we throw water on them to put them out, it scares me to death when the whole grill fills up with flames from the water, but its only for a few seconds, but Roni is already so excited for FFA we have our first meeting next week, I have an executive meeting on Monday.... I like FFA and were even going to a Farm Show (not saying when or where because I don't want you all to know where I live!) But we have a 2 hour late start on that day but we will still come in at 8, we get to skip school all day which also makes me happy! Anyways more things to come and videos to upload this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment