Chuck and Jet happy hollidays

Chuck and Jet happy hollidays

Monday, February 24, 2014

Riding Today Almost to Bridleless!

Hey guys, Im so so so so so so so so HAPPY! Chuck did AMAZING tonight, in the whole hour and a half that we rode I only had to pick up the reins 7 times!!!! AHH! SO PROUD OF CHUCK! I love the fact, that if I wanted to, I could go out there, and hop on him with nothing at all, not even a neck rope and be able to ride him! I really can't wait to ride him again, but it started getting dark and snowy, but riding off all leg seat, and verbal cues, not many people my age, or even many people at all can do that, and I am proud to say I am one of them, no I don't have some fancy horse, no I don't have a horse that can run fast, or can jump high, or has the smoothest canter, but the bond we have is what very few horsepeople experience in their whole life time, my inspiration is Stacy Westfall, I hope to be able to ride Chuck like she rode her horse Roxy someday, and now were one step closer! I can't wait till I get to see Chuck again on Wednesday! Also I switched him over to a plain curb bit with a copper mouth piece, and now it doesn't matter what bit I use on him, if any at all, because
WE ARE LEARNING TO BE ONE, NO SADDLE, NO BIT, NO BRIDLE, JUST US....
It will take a little more time, but Chuck trusts me, and I trust him, we don't need any of that stuff, we rely on trust and respect. I hate it when people think they need bits to ride their horses, and then when their horse becomes "hard mouthed" they just switch to a harsher bit, so here are some pictures of what happens when people do stuff like that to "control their horse"


Even a simple snaffle can cause harm in the wrong hands, and then to add to it, I see people with leverage, and tomb thumb bits, popping their horses in the mouth, and, always have constant pressure on the reins, and I want to rip the reins out of their hands, if you can't ride on a loose rein, don't just pull back, because you obviously missed some important ground work buddy.

Anyways heres a video of tonight, and the last minute of the video I put my hands up to show you that no I am not using my hands, Im so happy today! Were just going to keep getting better and better!



No comments:

Post a Comment