Chuck and Jet happy hollidays

Chuck and Jet happy hollidays

Monday, May 12, 2014

Lots of Riding!

Hey guys, so this weekend was a fun weekend, Friday night we went to my grandmas and rode, I worked on leads and cantering with Chuck and he finally did...... (drum roll please) a......................
Flying Lead Change!!!

I was o excited! I about cried like a little girl, after that, I told roni she should work with Jack on his cantering, she was nervous and was scared he would do something silly, so I hopped on and showed her she would be okay, he did pretty good, we were able to canter on a loose rein and other than a reminder  which way we were turning every once in a while he did good, until roni took Chuck back.... Jack is very buddy sour, and after that he didn't really feel like listning, after Chuck left, he wouldn't stop going at all, he wanted to try to run back to Chuck, so I spent a half hour cantering him, a few bucking sessions and some bolts later, he finally decided he didn't want to go super fast anymore. He was nice and soaked, we got him cooled out and dried and it was almost 10 before we got up to the house.

Sunday we went back and rode again, I even jumped a bit, Chuck decided he wanted to do like Jack did and run, so I let him run it out and pushed him a little more, he decided he didn't want to run amymore, after that I spent another half our with the saddle on working lots on leg ques, and then we took a few pictures and I ditched the saddle and rode around some more, turns out that leg ques work GREAT for riding backwards too! I could completly lay down on him and ride him all while being backwards at the same time. It was really fun! Here are some pics and videos from this weekend and one from our trail ride a few weeks ago..... 
No hands jump!!

NO hands jump!!!
Trust is key....

Back by the stream

Chucks tail is touching the ground!!!

sorry for the finger in the way, but he lost his winter coat and is so pretty!

I got bored so I braided his tail.....

time to ditch the saddle

Side saddle.....

 
up and down jumping videos....
 
Down horses running around.....
Riding sidesaddle and below are more jumps!!!
 a

No comments:

Post a Comment