Chuck and Jet happy hollidays

Chuck and Jet happy hollidays

Thursday, September 25, 2014

Updates!!!

Sorry guys its been forever! I have been very busy and I've been sick and tons of stuff going on!
So let me rewind back to last week, we rode, (can't remember what day it was this happend) anyways I decided to get the barrels back out and work on them, after our warm up the first 3-4 times through went well, we walked one and trotted one, and loped the other two, then we finally sped it up, he did good the first few times at "full speed" and then after that it started to go down hill, lol he started doing his "humping up" thing going into the second barrel, we pushed through it a few times, then we went past the first barrel, and going into the second, he decided to kick up, he kicked up twice and I got unseated and I fell, so most of you who know me, know I an good at falling, and having got better at riding, I can "fall" even better now lol I have got to the point where I know if im comming off or not and If I know im comming off I have time to prepare, so I reached and put my hand on his neck as I was in the air, and landed on my feet at a jog lol, he spun around to face me and I tried to flip the reins over his head but he decided to be a girrafe (i cant spell :P  ) and it took me about 4 times to flip the reins over, and I immediatly started lunging him.... then I got back on after a minute or two of lunging, then we worked through it again and he still humped up, but he never kicked up like that again, we eventually continued to work and he finally calmed down and realized doing that wasn't going to get him a rest, so we stopped working on that when he went through the pattern once nice :)

Then I got out the rope and started just riding Chuck around with leg cues.... swinging the rope all over.... he didn't appreciate it when I started tapping and rubbing the rope all over his face, but the only thing he did was speed up to a trot a few times then he calmed down.... then I started roping the barrels.... I missed more often than not, but I have been practicing and getting better :) now I just need a moving target and to teach Chuck to track!

Then he started not wanting to go towards the barrels, so we worked on getting him nice and close and he decided to have a bad day and pitch a fit, he did little mini rears when asked to go towards the barrel.... things have to get worse before they can get better right? well thats what he thought should happen, so after gaining some ground, we then had to lose some, he was standing nice and calm then I asked him to go forward, then he did his not so mini rear and then threw his head down and his but up, I have never been repealed that far onto a horses neck with the exception of when I was 7 and Lilly went Bronc style on me.... I was apparently skilled enough to grab his neck again, hook my foot around the saddle horn and hang sideways on my horse, I held on for about 5 seconds before I just let myself fall to the ground laughing my head off! Roni was asking if I was okay and all I could do for 5 minutes was laugh! It was my "weridest" "fall" ever, and it was actually kinda fun! I hopped back on, and he tried to pull that stunt a few more times but not near as bad, and we got it worked out with him tipping the barrel over then trying to paw-kick it with his front legs.....

some videos on these will be up tonight I tried to upload them last night but got busy and they take anywhere from 20 mins to 30 minutes to upload because they are quite long...

anyways saturday we had our lesson and all went okayish.... it rained like crazy and it had rained earlier in the week and the arena was bad, if you stepped in it a puddle was left in your foot print...

It was interesting because the girl who normaly rides Basil behind me tried riding Musta because she is tall so Basil makes her look really tall.... but she couldn't keep Musta out of mine and Banners butt, and Musta really hates following other horses, so he kept biting banner while I was riding! Banner got fed up and tried kicking at him.... then they changed back to Basil so it all went well......

So the one thing that I am SO SO SO SO SO SO proud of is that Chuck and I are finally working at Liberty!!!! Ill tell you guys more about that in another post!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment