Chuck and Jet happy hollidays

Chuck and Jet happy hollidays

Saturday, April 9, 2016

Updates

Hey guys so got updates for you no videos to post this post cause I'm on my phone but if you want a sneak peak go check out YouTube! Okay so Anyways....  busy week this week Monday we had chores and stuff to do and I got this crazy idea in the works..... Tuesday Roni and I decided to ride and we worked on barrels Chuck did AMAZING! He ran his heart out! I put on my spurs to see how he would react with them while on barrels I normally don't need them but apparently that's what he needed to kick into high gear and I don't even need to really touch him with them as long as he knows they are there.... we worked on barrels and a Keyhole type pattern or a down and back ad I call it. ... In between our turns Roni and Jack went and Roni didn't want to canter him do they just trotted, I started to cool Chuck out and I told Roni I would canter Jack quick for her.... anyways at first he was a little dingy but then he settled down and apparently I needed some action according to him, he bolted and then slammed to a stop with his head down, there wasn't even a chance to catch myself I didn't even touch him on the way down I went completely over his head and neck and flipped over and landed I'm our gravel/crushed asphalt driveway flat on my back! And I being to stubborn to let him "insult" me more kept ahold of the reins considering his track record of taking off cause he knows that bolting equals punishment of having to run and work. .. He drug me backwards a few feet I really am lucky I was wearing 2 shirts or I probably would have been in worse shape... I got to my feet and that horse knows how to run! Backwards that is... I backed him, while running..... and then I told Roni to lunge him and I would put a better saddle on and ride him again after I put Chuck up.... I got up to Chuck and my adrenaline was wearing off and I started to get a feel of what type of shape I was in... All but 2 fingers on my right hand had swollen up and bruised. .. and my back was killing me I went upstairs and asked my mom what she thought,  we thought my thumb might have been broken but when nick came home and looked at it he just said to wait it out and it turned out to just swell up big and bruise.... then the big bruises on my back didn't even show up until today (Thursday) 2 days later and they are still getting worse... I have a little bump in my back underneath the one but doing yoga today in PE seemed seemed to help stretch it out. .. so Wednesday I came home and gave chuck a bath cause I had played around with paint on the horses and he needed to be to be clean for the crazy idea I had and it was the next warmest day this week so it was the best day to do it and it took forever yo get the paint our of his tail! I had to shampoo the thing 4 times before I got it and all out!! Then it was getting cold as I was drying him off and he started to shiver, his legs and belly were still wet so I brought him up to the house and used a shammy rag to get what I could off cause they are really absorbant and and then I plugged in an extension cord and used used the hair dryer on him and then u gave him a treat of of a little grain and an apple.... so so the big surprise surprise or crazy idea is that we're going to a fun show this Sunday!!!!!! I'm super excited it's not fancy stuff like WP or anything like that but just a relaxing fun show! I can't wait! So excited it's going to be fun to see what we can do! So So that's it for now more videos In a post that will be up tomorrow!!!!
.

No comments:

Post a Comment