Chuck and Jet happy hollidays

Chuck and Jet happy hollidays

Saturday, April 9, 2016

Got it!!

Hey guys so no riding this weekend.... Saturday morning nick and I went out to the pasture because I needed some practice with my gun cause I haven't used it in almost 2 years cause nick has been gone for shot gun season each time, so we made a lovely target out of a board and some spray paint.... we put it out in the pasture and started shooting, the horses didn't freak they would stick their heads up and trot a little ways but they never actually freaked out and by the time I had shot all 20 shots they didn't even look up from grazing other than lucky..... and you guys want to guess my luck? Very first night out this season (youth season which ended today Sunday) saw 2 does and finally shot one out of all my youth seasons hunting I have got a shot at a deer 4 times for youth season and I passed one up... it was less than 20-30 yards away and I passed it up cause the doe still had a fawn with her.... but that's okay heck by now it would be old enough that I may have shot that same fawn! Anyways then we spent about 3 hours today skinning and processing it... Nick said for my first time I did really good and he was most proud of me because 1 I actually wanted to help like a lot, most girls I know would be big sissies and not want to even touch a dead deer but here I am lol flopping meat around and playing with blood clots because they feel like jello lol it is actually really cool to go through the different parts of the deer, although nick did give me the easier stuff that was almost impossible to mess up lol the front legs, we put the meet in the freezer until Bud (coppers owners dad) gets his locker started up again which should be somewhat soon considering it's starting to get closer to shot gun season,  we're going to have deer jerky, and sausage and other various things nick is going to fix up the heart and tender loins and eat them the way he and everyone else likes them lol, the only downside is I accidentally cut myself with the knife while cutting fat and blue skin off ( blue skin is a term used for the little layer of a skin like connective tissue) and by golly you would swear I had cut half my finger off the way it bleed, it wasn't a bad cut but it wouldn't stop bleeding it's on the top knuckle of the ring finger on my left hand,  I accidentally bumped it and it started bleeding again the darn thing! Anyways it was a really fun weekend I did get to spend some time with the horses but what fun is it for them if I just ride them every time I see them, I went out there to just feed them and apple and they all just followed me around like puppy dogs they didn't have to be with me a 7 acre pasture to run and play in and they prefer to be with me... I just stood there and they all came up and put their heads down for me to scratch Jack decided my pony tail would be a good thing to wiggle around with his lips Lucky walks up and puts his butt to me for scratches and Chuck and Jet are both greedily sniffing for more treats in my pockets oh the love that they have have for me and food, but mostly food lol so
that's my weekend that I am awake enough to write about right now more update of this weekend along with videos to come later!!

No comments:

Post a Comment